Most Active Stories
- Parkour May Run, Flip, Dive And Slide Its Way Into Olympics
- Zone 5 Candidates For Little Rock School Board On The Issues
- Library Director, Arts Community Advocate Jeff Baskin Dies
- Bonnie Montgomery, Amy Garland & Mandy McBryde Perform On Not Necessarily Nashville
- Governor Commemorates AmeriCorps Turning 20
This Is NPR
Wed October 23, 2013
10 Years and 50,631 Interviews Later: A Snapshot Of StoryCorps' Achievements
Today the much-loved and notoriously tear-jerking oral history project StoryCorps celebrates its 10th anniversary. You hear StoryCorps each Friday on Morning Edition, when NPR turns over the mic to everyday people to share their stories. The conversations that unfold - heartfelt, intimate, human - help us start our day feeling a little more inspired. To honor the project's anniversary this week and the people at its core, Morning Edition is visiting some of the most memorable participants to see where they are now.
And after 10 years, there's a lot to celebrate, so here's a snapshot of StoryCorps' achievements:
Scroll through this slideshow to see some special moments from StoryCorps through the years:
Look out for more special interviews this week on Morning Edition, get to know StoryCorps Founder Dave Isay and be sure to follow all the ways people are celebrating the StoryCorps story (and share your own too) with #StoryCorps10.