Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
This Is NPR
Wed October 23, 2013
10 Years and 50,631 Interviews Later: A Snapshot Of StoryCorps' Achievements
Today the much-loved and notoriously tear-jerking oral history project StoryCorps celebrates its 10th anniversary. You hear StoryCorps each Friday on Morning Edition, when NPR turns over the mic to everyday people to share their stories. The conversations that unfold - heartfelt, intimate, human - help us start our day feeling a little more inspired. To honor the project's anniversary this week and the people at its core, Morning Edition is visiting some of the most memorable participants to see where they are now.
And after 10 years, there's a lot to celebrate, so here's a snapshot of StoryCorps' achievements:
Scroll through this slideshow to see some special moments from StoryCorps through the years:
Look out for more special interviews this week on Morning Edition, get to know StoryCorps Founder Dave Isay and be sure to follow all the ways people are celebrating the StoryCorps story (and share your own too) with #StoryCorps10.