Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Mon June 17, 2013
1,200 Teachers To Converge On Hot Springs
More than 1,200 Arkansas teachers are expected in Hot Springs for a technology symposium.
The Hot Springs Technology Institute runs Monday through Thursday at Hot Springs High School.
The event is marking its 20th anniversary. Organizers say about 350 teachers are to attend workshops on Monday and Tuesday, with the rest coming in for the Wednesday and Thursday events.
The Sentinel-Record reports more than 200 sessions will be available for educators at the conference.
Teachers are able to acquire in-service hours required by the Arkansas Department of Education. Also, more than 100 vendors are expected to be on hand.