Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Fri May 10, 2013
$1.5 Million Awarded For Arkansas Trails Projects
Arkansas highway officials say $1.5 million in federal funding has been awarded for trails projects around the state.
The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department on Thursday announced the Recreational Trails Program funding would go to 30 different entities after receiving 45 applications requesting more than $3 million.
The department said the funding is being awarded through a program aimed at developing and maintaining trails for recreational purposes. The department says it will work with the recipients to develop their projects and see them to completion.
Recipients include Fayetteville, North Little Rock, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Newton County Resource Council and Southern Bancorp Capital Partners.