Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri May 10, 2013
$1.5 Million Awarded For Arkansas Trails Projects
Arkansas highway officials say $1.5 million in federal funding has been awarded for trails projects around the state.
The Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department on Thursday announced the Recreational Trails Program funding would go to 30 different entities after receiving 45 applications requesting more than $3 million.
The department said the funding is being awarded through a program aimed at developing and maintaining trails for recreational purposes. The department says it will work with the recipients to develop their projects and see them to completion.
Recipients include Fayetteville, North Little Rock, the University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Newton County Resource Council and Southern Bancorp Capital Partners.