Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
High Achieving Grad
Fri May 10, 2013
18-year-old To Graduate UA With Triple Major
Raymond Walter will bring home a bachelor's of science degree from the University of Arkansas this weekend with a triple major in mathematics, physics and economics - and he's only 18.
Walter graduated from Mountain Home High School when he was 14. He and his father, Hal, relocated to Fayetteville so Raymond could begin coursework at UA.
Hal serves as Raymond's caregiver because Raymond has a severe form of muscular dystrophy that requires him to use a motorized wheelchair.
Raymond says he doesn't anticipate living as long as others do - which means he doesn't want to waste time. He says he skipped three years of grade school and has kept up an accelerated academic pace.
Raymond says he plans to pursue doctoral degrees in math and physics at UA.