Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Tue June 11, 2013
23 Indicted In Western Arkansas For Drug Trafficking
Federal and state authorities say 23 people have been indicted on federal drug trafficking charges in western Arkansas.
US Attorney Conner Eldridge in Fort Smith announced the indictments Tuesday with officials from the Drug Enforcement Administration; Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives; Homeland Security; Sebastian County Sheriff's Office; and police departments in Fort Smith and Van Buren.
Authorities say the crimes occurred in Arkansas, Texas, Missouri and California.
Officials say at least 19 of the 23 are in custody. Fifteen of the 23 are from Arkansas, four from Oklahoma, two from Los Angeles and the hometowns of two suspects are unknown.
The charges include conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine, distribution of methamphetamine, possession of methamphetamine with intent to distribute and use of a cell phone to conspire to distribute methamphetamine.