Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
Local & Regional News
Mon July 22, 2013
3-Year-Old Boy Killed In Shooting Near Cabot
Authorities in Lonoke County say a 3-year-old boy died after he accidentally shot himself with a handgun.
Lonoke County sheriff's Lt. Jim Kulesa says the shooting happened Sunday afternoon at a home near Cabot.
Kulesa says the boy was at the home of a family friend at the time of the shooting. Kulesa says the child picked up a 9mm automatic handgun from a nightstand and it discharged, striking him once.
The boy was pronounced dead at the scene. Kulesa says there are no signs of foul play in the shooting death.