Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
Local & Regional News
Mon July 22, 2013
3-Year-Old Boy Killed In Shooting Near Cabot
Authorities in Lonoke County say a 3-year-old boy died after he accidentally shot himself with a handgun.
Lonoke County sheriff's Lt. Jim Kulesa says the shooting happened Sunday afternoon at a home near Cabot.
Kulesa says the boy was at the home of a family friend at the time of the shooting. Kulesa says the child picked up a 9mm automatic handgun from a nightstand and it discharged, striking him once.
The boy was pronounced dead at the scene. Kulesa says there are no signs of foul play in the shooting death.