Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Mon July 22, 2013
3-Year-Old Boy Killed In Shooting Near Cabot
Authorities in Lonoke County say a 3-year-old boy died after he accidentally shot himself with a handgun.
Lonoke County sheriff's Lt. Jim Kulesa says the shooting happened Sunday afternoon at a home near Cabot.
Kulesa says the boy was at the home of a family friend at the time of the shooting. Kulesa says the child picked up a 9mm automatic handgun from a nightstand and it discharged, striking him once.
The boy was pronounced dead at the scene. Kulesa says there are no signs of foul play in the shooting death.