Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Tue August 20, 2013
3rd Faulkner County Jail Escapee Caught In Oklahoma
The last of three men who escaped from the Faulkner County jail last weekend has been found and arrested in Oklahoma City.
The Faulkner County Sheriff's Office announced that 27-year-old Jonathan Jackson was found and arrested by U.S. marshals at an Oklahoma City motel about 11 a.m. Tuesday.
Sheriff Andy Shock says Jackson escaped Saturday from the jail in Conway with 27-year-old Joel Vermillion Jr. and 41-year-old Stacy Ray Wilson. Vermillion and Wilson were recaptured Monday after carjacking a woman and leading police on a chase in Faulkner County before surrendering.
Shock says the three inmates cut a recreation yard fence and apparently jumped a second fence and stole a car to escape.
Vermillion and Wilson are back in the county jail while Jackson is awaiting extradition from Oklahoma City.