Most Active Stories
- Vietnam War Project To Collect Stories Of Arkansas Veterans
- Little Rock Apartment Complex Found To Discriminate Against Latinos
- Little Rock School Board Discusses Plans to Restructure Schools And Raise Funds
- State House Race Heats Up Over Records Search Regarding Four-Year-Old
- AG Candidate Steel Gives Legislative Agenda, Rutledge Criticizes Sex Offender Vote
Local & Regional News
Wed June 26, 2013
4 Sentenced In Arkansas On Drug, Weapons Charges
Federal authorities say three Arkansans and an Oklahoman have been sentenced in Fort Smith on charges related to a drug-trafficking investigation known as "Operation Great Scott."
US Attorney Conner Eldridge and assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration William Bryant say the four sentenced Tuesday bring to 17 the number of people sentenced in the case.
Christian Bonilla of Waldron was sentenced to 10 months in prison for distributing methamphetamine; Lee Roy Garcia of Waldron was sentenced to 25 years for aiding and abetting the distribution of methamphetamine and illegal possession of a firearm; Amadeo Cardenas of Waldron was sentenced to three years and 10 months for distributing methamphetamine; and Juan Garcia of Cherokee, Okla., was sentenced to seven years for aiding and abetting the distribution of methamphetamine.