Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Local & Regional News
Wed June 26, 2013
4 Sentenced In Arkansas On Drug, Weapons Charges
Federal authorities say three Arkansans and an Oklahoman have been sentenced in Fort Smith on charges related to a drug-trafficking investigation known as "Operation Great Scott."
US Attorney Conner Eldridge and assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration William Bryant say the four sentenced Tuesday bring to 17 the number of people sentenced in the case.
Christian Bonilla of Waldron was sentenced to 10 months in prison for distributing methamphetamine; Lee Roy Garcia of Waldron was sentenced to 25 years for aiding and abetting the distribution of methamphetamine and illegal possession of a firearm; Amadeo Cardenas of Waldron was sentenced to three years and 10 months for distributing methamphetamine; and Juan Garcia of Cherokee, Okla., was sentenced to seven years for aiding and abetting the distribution of methamphetamine.