Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Wed June 26, 2013
4 Sentenced In Arkansas On Drug, Weapons Charges
Federal authorities say three Arkansans and an Oklahoman have been sentenced in Fort Smith on charges related to a drug-trafficking investigation known as "Operation Great Scott."
US Attorney Conner Eldridge and assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration William Bryant say the four sentenced Tuesday bring to 17 the number of people sentenced in the case.
Christian Bonilla of Waldron was sentenced to 10 months in prison for distributing methamphetamine; Lee Roy Garcia of Waldron was sentenced to 25 years for aiding and abetting the distribution of methamphetamine and illegal possession of a firearm; Amadeo Cardenas of Waldron was sentenced to three years and 10 months for distributing methamphetamine; and Juan Garcia of Cherokee, Okla., was sentenced to seven years for aiding and abetting the distribution of methamphetamine.