Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Wed June 26, 2013
4 Sentenced In Arkansas On Drug, Weapons Charges
Federal authorities say three Arkansans and an Oklahoman have been sentenced in Fort Smith on charges related to a drug-trafficking investigation known as "Operation Great Scott."
US Attorney Conner Eldridge and assistant Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration William Bryant say the four sentenced Tuesday bring to 17 the number of people sentenced in the case.
Christian Bonilla of Waldron was sentenced to 10 months in prison for distributing methamphetamine; Lee Roy Garcia of Waldron was sentenced to 25 years for aiding and abetting the distribution of methamphetamine and illegal possession of a firearm; Amadeo Cardenas of Waldron was sentenced to three years and 10 months for distributing methamphetamine; and Juan Garcia of Cherokee, Okla., was sentenced to seven years for aiding and abetting the distribution of methamphetamine.