Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri November 22, 2013
4 Tiger Cubs Born At Little Rock Zoo
There's a baby boom at the Little Rock Zoo. Four tiger cubs were born earlier this month to 5-year-old Suhana and 9-year-old Liku.
The two are Malayan tigers, which are critically endangered with fewer than 500 species remaining in the wild.
The zoo says the four new cubs are "a significant contribution" to the conservation of the Malayan tiger. The cubs were born Nov. 12 and zoo staff say the animals appear to be growing strong.
Workers are using video monitoring equipment to keep an eye on Suhana and her babies in their indoor section of the tiger habitat.
The zoo says the cubs will likely go outside for the first time in early spring.