Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Mon June 17, 2013
$4M Expansion Underway At Van Buren Plant
A food service company that has been in western Arkansas for 70 years is embarking on a $4 million expansion at a Van Buren facility.
Tankersley Foodservice Inc. is adding cold storage and dock space to the site at the Van Buren Industrial Park.
The company says the project also includes expansion and improvement to customer service offices.
The Southwest Times Record reports the growth is expected to add up to 30 jobs.
Tankersley is a food service distribution company that delivers fresh and frozen products to stores, restaurants, schools and other institutions within a 225-mile radius of Van Buren. It provides jobs to more than 220 people.
The project is getting state incentives for job creation and a sales tax break for materials and machinery.