Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Mon June 17, 2013
$4M Expansion Underway At Van Buren Plant
A food service company that has been in western Arkansas for 70 years is embarking on a $4 million expansion at a Van Buren facility.
Tankersley Foodservice Inc. is adding cold storage and dock space to the site at the Van Buren Industrial Park.
The company says the project also includes expansion and improvement to customer service offices.
The Southwest Times Record reports the growth is expected to add up to 30 jobs.
Tankersley is a food service distribution company that delivers fresh and frozen products to stores, restaurants, schools and other institutions within a 225-mile radius of Van Buren. It provides jobs to more than 220 people.
The project is getting state incentives for job creation and a sales tax break for materials and machinery.