Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Tornado Damages Property Wounds Residents
Thu April 11, 2013
5 Hurt When Tornado Touches Down In Arkansas
Thunderstorms sweeping through Arkansas flipped an 18-wheeler and damaged homes in the north-central portion of the state.
The National Weather Service said four people were reported injured Wednesday evening after a tornado hit Van Buren County. Tornado damage was reported at Botkinburg, Mount Olive, and Scotland, with a tractor-trailer flipped over near Botkinburg.
John Robinson of the National Weather Service said 30 homes were damaged in Van Buren County and that five people were injured. Three were treated at a hospital and released.
Warm, humid air gave way to cooler air behind a front, and along the boundary a number of storms popped up. At one point Wednesday there was a 40-degree temperature difference between Pine Bluff in southeastern Arkansas and Fayetteville in the northwest.