Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Tornado Damages Property Wounds Residents
Thu April 11, 2013
5 Hurt When Tornado Touches Down In Arkansas
Thunderstorms sweeping through Arkansas flipped an 18-wheeler and damaged homes in the north-central portion of the state.
The National Weather Service said four people were reported injured Wednesday evening after a tornado hit Van Buren County. Tornado damage was reported at Botkinburg, Mount Olive, and Scotland, with a tractor-trailer flipped over near Botkinburg.
John Robinson of the National Weather Service said 30 homes were damaged in Van Buren County and that five people were injured. Three were treated at a hospital and released.
Warm, humid air gave way to cooler air behind a front, and along the boundary a number of storms popped up. At one point Wednesday there was a 40-degree temperature difference between Pine Bluff in southeastern Arkansas and Fayetteville in the northwest.