Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Thu December 26, 2013
80 Million Tax Dollars Collected For Infrastructure Projects
The money collected from the operating and capital sales taxes that voters approved two years ago have generated millions of dollars in funds.
Over 80 million dollars has been collected and the citizens committee overseeing the spending assures it is being used appropriately.
The Arkansas Democrat Gazette reports that over half of the money went to the city's general fund for projects including a new fire station and new police station.
The remaining funds are being used for nearly 40 infrastructure projects and the resurfacing of streets in the capitol city.
The money will continue to accumulate for more projects, throughout the 10 year plan for the tax.