Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
Oil Spill Claims
Fri April 5, 2013
About 140 Claims Made Since Arkansas Oil Spill
Officials say about 140 claims have been made since an ExxonMobil pipeline ruptured and spewed thousands of barrels of oil in central Arkansas last week.
The Pegasus pipeline ruptured last Friday in a neighborhood in Mayflower, about 25 miles northwest of Little Rock. Oil spilled onto lawns and roadways and approached nearby Lake Conway. No one was injured, but authorities evacuated more than 20 homes in the area.
Crews have recovered about 19,000 barrels of oil and water since the pipeline ruptured. ExxonMobil says residents affected by the oil spill can call a hotline to register claims and get more information.