Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Oil Spill Claims
Fri April 5, 2013
About 140 Claims Made Since Arkansas Oil Spill
Officials say about 140 claims have been made since an ExxonMobil pipeline ruptured and spewed thousands of barrels of oil in central Arkansas last week.
The Pegasus pipeline ruptured last Friday in a neighborhood in Mayflower, about 25 miles northwest of Little Rock. Oil spilled onto lawns and roadways and approached nearby Lake Conway. No one was injured, but authorities evacuated more than 20 homes in the area.
Crews have recovered about 19,000 barrels of oil and water since the pipeline ruptured. ExxonMobil says residents affected by the oil spill can call a hotline to register claims and get more information.