Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Oil Spill Claims
Fri April 5, 2013
About 140 Claims Made Since Arkansas Oil Spill
Officials say about 140 claims have been made since an ExxonMobil pipeline ruptured and spewed thousands of barrels of oil in central Arkansas last week.
The Pegasus pipeline ruptured last Friday in a neighborhood in Mayflower, about 25 miles northwest of Little Rock. Oil spilled onto lawns and roadways and approached nearby Lake Conway. No one was injured, but authorities evacuated more than 20 homes in the area.
Crews have recovered about 19,000 barrels of oil and water since the pipeline ruptured. ExxonMobil says residents affected by the oil spill can call a hotline to register claims and get more information.