Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Wed July 24, 2013
Ad, Outreach Blitz Underway For Arkansas Exchange
A $24 million marketing and outreach blitz is underway in Arkansas to promote the new insurance marketplace under the federal health care law.
State insurance officials are trying to reach the roughly 500,000 people who are expected to sign up for the exchange, an online marketplace where the uninsured can purchase coverage. Open enrollment on the exchange begins Oct. 1.
The biggest part of that outreach effort is more than 500 guides who will help the uninsured connect with the exchange.
Arkansas has received more than $16.2 million from the federal government to contract with various organizations that will provide the guides.
The state is also spending millions in federal money on advertising that will run from television and radio spots to gas pump ads placed at 100 gas stations.