Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue May 28, 2013
Alamo Transferred To Federal Facility In Oklahoma
Officials say jailed evangelist Tony Alamo has been moved from a federal prison in Marion, Ill., to a Bureau of Prisons Transfer Facility in Oklahoma City.
Alamo is serving a 175-year sentence after he was convicted in Arkansas for taking minor girls across state lines for sex.
The Texarkana Gazette reports Alamo has been housed in several prisons since his 2009 sentencing.
According to an affidavit filed by an FBI agent, investigators allege that Alamo is still controlling his ministry from behind bars.
The affidavit says three or four of Alamo's "wives" relocated to the Tucson, Ariz., area while Alamo was imprisoned there.
The affidavit alleges Alamo was moved to the prison in Illinois and the women followed him there so he could continue to run his ministry.