Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Notes On Music
Wed April 24, 2013
Ambrose Bierce was a 19th-century journalist, short story writer, and satirist, who is known for his lexicon, The Devil’s Dictionary.
Some examples of his satire: “Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.”
“The accordion is an instrument with the sentiments of an assassin!” And finally, he called the lyre “an ancient instrument of torture.”