Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Notes On Music
Wed April 24, 2013
Ambrose Bierce was a 19th-century journalist, short story writer, and satirist, who is known for his lexicon, The Devil’s Dictionary.
Some examples of his satire: “Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.”
“The accordion is an instrument with the sentiments of an assassin!” And finally, he called the lyre “an ancient instrument of torture.”