Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
- David Pryor Stumping For His Son In North Little Rock
Notes On Music
Wed April 24, 2013
Ambrose Bierce was a 19th-century journalist, short story writer, and satirist, who is known for his lexicon, The Devil’s Dictionary.
Some examples of his satire: “Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.”
“The accordion is an instrument with the sentiments of an assassin!” And finally, he called the lyre “an ancient instrument of torture.”