Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue September 10, 2013
Ammunition Maker Moving its US Headquarters To Arkansas
A manufacturer of magazines for firearms and weapons products is moving its United States headquarters to Fort Smith, in a move that will add 65 new jobs.
Thermold Magazines announced Tuesday it was moving its headquarters from North Carolina.
The company will be housed in the River Bend Industries building where River Bend will manufacture magazines for Thermold.
Thermold will assume assembly and distribution at the location. Combined, the two companies will invest more than $7 million, according to the Arkansas Economic Development Commission.
AEDC said Thermold will receive tax credits and $500,000 from an incentive fund for the project.