Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Tue September 10, 2013
Ammunition Maker Moving its US Headquarters To Arkansas
A manufacturer of magazines for firearms and weapons products is moving its United States headquarters to Fort Smith, in a move that will add 65 new jobs.
Thermold Magazines announced Tuesday it was moving its headquarters from North Carolina.
The company will be housed in the River Bend Industries building where River Bend will manufacture magazines for Thermold.
Thermold will assume assembly and distribution at the location. Combined, the two companies will invest more than $7 million, according to the Arkansas Economic Development Commission.
AEDC said Thermold will receive tax credits and $500,000 from an incentive fund for the project.