Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue September 10, 2013
Ammunition Maker Moving its US Headquarters To Arkansas
A manufacturer of magazines for firearms and weapons products is moving its United States headquarters to Fort Smith, in a move that will add 65 new jobs.
Thermold Magazines announced Tuesday it was moving its headquarters from North Carolina.
The company will be housed in the River Bend Industries building where River Bend will manufacture magazines for Thermold.
Thermold will assume assembly and distribution at the location. Combined, the two companies will invest more than $7 million, according to the Arkansas Economic Development Commission.
AEDC said Thermold will receive tax credits and $500,000 from an incentive fund for the project.