Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
- Poll: Ross, Hutchinson In Virtual Dead Heat In Governor’s Race
Local & Regional News
Tue September 10, 2013
Ammunition Maker Moving its US Headquarters To Arkansas
A manufacturer of magazines for firearms and weapons products is moving its United States headquarters to Fort Smith, in a move that will add 65 new jobs.
Thermold Magazines announced Tuesday it was moving its headquarters from North Carolina.
The company will be housed in the River Bend Industries building where River Bend will manufacture magazines for Thermold.
Thermold will assume assembly and distribution at the location. Combined, the two companies will invest more than $7 million, according to the Arkansas Economic Development Commission.
AEDC said Thermold will receive tax credits and $500,000 from an incentive fund for the project.