Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
- What Survey Finds About The Economics Of Race In Pulaski County
- Interstate 49 To Run Through Western Arkansas, Connecting LA and MO
Local & Regional News
Tue April 9, 2013
Amtrak Announces Record Levels Of Ridership
Amtrak announced Tuesday that ridership is the highest it has ever been in the railroad’s history. October, December and January set individual records and in the past 6 months ridership has grown by one percent.
Spokesman Mark Magliani says they have been struggling with capacity issues, but are working to add stops and routes.
"We just started service in Hope back last Thursday. There will be a big celebration, to wrap up National Train Day activities on the 18th of May. We look forward to that being a productive stop, and continuing to grow ridership across the country," said Magliani.
Amtrak says it expects to finish out the fiscal year meeting or surpassing last year’s ridership total of more than 31 million people.