Most Active Stories
- National Weather Service Issues Winter Storm Warning for Arkansas
- Data: Arkansans Curse Minimally and Say “Please” and “Thank You”
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays
- Rosanne Cash Reflects As Opening Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home Nears
- Little Rock's Airport Reports Canceled Flights Due To Ice Storm
Local & Regional News
Tue April 9, 2013
Amtrak Announces Record Levels Of Ridership
Amtrak announced Tuesday that ridership is the highest it has ever been in the railroad’s history. October, December and January set individual records and in the past 6 months ridership has grown by one percent.
Spokesman Mark Magliani says they have been struggling with capacity issues, but are working to add stops and routes.
"We just started service in Hope back last Thursday. There will be a big celebration, to wrap up National Train Day activities on the 18th of May. We look forward to that being a productive stop, and continuing to grow ridership across the country," said Magliani.
Amtrak says it expects to finish out the fiscal year meeting or surpassing last year’s ridership total of more than 31 million people.