Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Fri March 22, 2013
Amtrak To Begin Passenger Service In Hope Next Month
Amtrak says its Texas Eagle service will add a stop in Hope beginning next month.
The new westbound passenger service will leave Hope daily at 5:09 a.m. with stops in Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio.
The eastbound train will leave at 9:18 p.m. daily with stops in Little Rock, St. Louis and Chicago.
The Hope Star reported that the new service will begin April 4. Tickets go on sale Friday.
Hope City Manager Catherine Cook says a May 18 dedication is planned for the Amtrak passenger platform.
Mayor Dennis Ramsey says the city is pleased to have the new service, saying it's "been a long time coming."