Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Fri March 22, 2013
Amtrak To Begin Passenger Service In Hope Next Month
Amtrak says its Texas Eagle service will add a stop in Hope beginning next month.
The new westbound passenger service will leave Hope daily at 5:09 a.m. with stops in Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio.
The eastbound train will leave at 9:18 p.m. daily with stops in Little Rock, St. Louis and Chicago.
The Hope Star reported that the new service will begin April 4. Tickets go on sale Friday.
Hope City Manager Catherine Cook says a May 18 dedication is planned for the Amtrak passenger platform.
Mayor Dennis Ramsey says the city is pleased to have the new service, saying it's "been a long time coming."