Most Active Stories
- Vietnam War Project To Collect Stories Of Arkansas Veterans
- Little Rock Apartment Complex Found To Discriminate Against Latinos
- Little Rock School Board Discusses Plans to Restructure Schools And Raise Funds
- State House Race Heats Up Over Records Search Regarding Four-Year-Old
- AG Candidate Steel Gives Legislative Agenda, Rutledge Criticizes Sex Offender Vote
Local & Regional News
Fri March 22, 2013
Amtrak To Begin Passenger Service In Hope Next Month
Amtrak says its Texas Eagle service will add a stop in Hope beginning next month.
The new westbound passenger service will leave Hope daily at 5:09 a.m. with stops in Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio.
The eastbound train will leave at 9:18 p.m. daily with stops in Little Rock, St. Louis and Chicago.
The Hope Star reported that the new service will begin April 4. Tickets go on sale Friday.
Hope City Manager Catherine Cook says a May 18 dedication is planned for the Amtrak passenger platform.
Mayor Dennis Ramsey says the city is pleased to have the new service, saying it's "been a long time coming."