Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri March 22, 2013
Amtrak To Begin Passenger Service In Hope Next Month
Amtrak says its Texas Eagle service will add a stop in Hope beginning next month.
The new westbound passenger service will leave Hope daily at 5:09 a.m. with stops in Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio.
The eastbound train will leave at 9:18 p.m. daily with stops in Little Rock, St. Louis and Chicago.
The Hope Star reported that the new service will begin April 4. Tickets go on sale Friday.
Hope City Manager Catherine Cook says a May 18 dedication is planned for the Amtrak passenger platform.
Mayor Dennis Ramsey says the city is pleased to have the new service, saying it's "been a long time coming."