Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Amtrak In Hope
Mon March 25, 2013
Amtrak Selling Tickets For Hope Service
Amtrak says it is selling tickets for its new service in Hope. The stop at the hometown of former President Bill Clinton begins April 4.
Local officials are planning a ceremony to mark the service later in the spring. The westbound Texas Eagle is to depart Hope daily at 5:09 a.m. with stops in Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio. The eastbound train will leave at 9:18 p.m. daily with stops in Little Rock, St. Louis and Chicago.
Amtrak says connections to other trains can be made in Fort Worth, San Antonio, St. Louis and Chicago to Oklahoma City, Kansas City and hundreds of other locations.
Hope's train station anchors its downtown and the city has long sought Amtrak service.