Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Amtrak In Hope
Mon March 25, 2013
Amtrak Selling Tickets For Hope Service
Amtrak says it is selling tickets for its new service in Hope. The stop at the hometown of former President Bill Clinton begins April 4.
Local officials are planning a ceremony to mark the service later in the spring. The westbound Texas Eagle is to depart Hope daily at 5:09 a.m. with stops in Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio. The eastbound train will leave at 9:18 p.m. daily with stops in Little Rock, St. Louis and Chicago.
Amtrak says connections to other trains can be made in Fort Worth, San Antonio, St. Louis and Chicago to Oklahoma City, Kansas City and hundreds of other locations.
Hope's train station anchors its downtown and the city has long sought Amtrak service.