Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Fri October 4, 2013
Annual Autism Fundraiser Raises Money For Research And Advocacy Efforts
The annual Autism Speaks fundraiser begins at 8:30 Saturday morning with a walk-or-run 5k at the Clinton Presidential Center.
Over 2,000 people are expected to attend “Arkansas Walks Now” to support research and advocacy efforts.
Co-chair Dawn Itzkowitz says Arkansas receives grant funding from the walk.
"Autism Speaks funds the Autism Treatment Network at Children's Hospital and UAMS. They have a grant that they receive every year to run the network, which is a group of professionals and parents who come up with best medical practices for the community," said Itzkowitz.
The event is free and open to the public. The family walk and ceremony begin at 10 AM.
Visit the Walk Now for Autism Speaks site for more information.