Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Tue June 4, 2013
Anti-Smoking Program Uses Soccer To Target Latinos
A minority health initiative is using soccer as part of a promotion that encourages Hispanic men to quit smoking.
The program at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff announced Monday that is launching a public education initiative aimed at Latinos.
The effort encourages Hispanic men to kick the habit and includes a sweepstakes prize of a trip for four to see a soccer game in Dallas.
The initiative uses slogans that urge Latino smokers to quit because its best for the smoker and his family.