Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Around the Nation
Fri June 6, 2014
Arizona Officials Find Cartwheels Distracting
Originally published on Fri June 6, 2014 10:09 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep with a test of the limits of free expression. Arizona's Maricopa Association of Governments ordered Dianne Barker to stop performing cartwheels at public meetings. She's 65 and apparently good at them. She does cartwheels to promote the benefits of walking. An attorney has written her demanding that she stop this disruptive practice but she has insisted she has a...
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
All right, here we go, Steve. Woohoo.
INSKEEP: ...David, that was an amazing cartwheel, but it's distracting.
INSKEEP: It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.