Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Thu January 17, 2013
Arkansans Reflect on 1974 School Shooting
This week marks the one-month anniversary of the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.
As we remember that incident, KUAR's Karen Tricot Steward looks back to a school shooting that happened in central Arkansas in 1974 and talks to three people who remember that day.
Two of them, Bob Williams and Wendy Efird, were students at Booker Junior High in Little Rock where the shooting occured and the third, Judy Drummond Covert, was a student at nearby Mann Junior High.