Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Thu January 17, 2013
Arkansans Reflect on 1974 School Shooting
This week marks the one-month anniversary of the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.
As we remember that incident, KUAR's Karen Tricot Steward looks back to a school shooting that happened in central Arkansas in 1974 and talks to three people who remember that day.
Two of them, Bob Williams and Wendy Efird, were students at Booker Junior High in Little Rock where the shooting occured and the third, Judy Drummond Covert, was a student at nearby Mann Junior High.