Most Active Stories
- Legislative Committee Rejects Removing Lee From King Holiday
- Lawsuit Filed Against Arkansas Funeral Home And Owner
- The New Year Brings Changes To KUAR’s Night And Weekend Programming
- UA's Online-Only University's First Employees Start Work
- Gov. Hutchinson: Keep Private Option Through 2016, Study Alternatives
Thu January 17, 2013
Arkansans Reflect on 1974 School Shooting
This week marks the one-month anniversary of the school shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.
As we remember that incident, KUAR's Karen Tricot Steward looks back to a school shooting that happened in central Arkansas in 1974 and talks to three people who remember that day.
Two of them, Bob Williams and Wendy Efird, were students at Booker Junior High in Little Rock where the shooting occured and the third, Judy Drummond Covert, was a student at nearby Mann Junior High.