Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Human Rights Campaign Releases First Large-Scale Survey of LGBT Arkansans
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
Local & Regional News
Thu July 3, 2014
Arkansas AG Issues Tips About Vehicle Recalls
Attorney General Dustin McDaniel's office is providing residents more information about vehicle recalls.
To determine whether a vehicle's been recalled, McDaniel says motorists can visit the National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration website, www.safercar.gov . There, consumers can search NHTSA's database by year, make and model for information about recalls, investigations and complaints.
The database also includes information about recalls of child restraints, tires and other equipment.
He also says drivers can contact the vehicle manufacturer or the car dealer directly and they can search for recall information by using the car's Vehicle Identification Number.
And motorists can sign up to receive email notifications from NHTSA when manufacturers file new recalls at http://www.odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/subscriptions/index.cfm .