Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Tue June 18, 2013
Arkansas AG Seeks To Uphold Verdict In Drug Case
Arkansas Attorney General Dustin McDaniel is asking the state's highest court to uphold a $1.2 billion fine leveled against Johnson and Johnson and a subsidiary over the marketing of an antipsychotic drug.
McDaniel on Tuesday filed a brief with the state Supreme Court asking justices to uphold the ruling over the drug Risperdal.
The drug makers have appealed the ruling.
A Pulaski County jury last year ruled the companies downplayed and hid risks associated with the drug.
Attorneys general from 35 states asked to file briefs defending the fine, as did 65 legislators.