Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Tue June 18, 2013
Arkansas AG Seeks To Uphold Verdict In Drug Case
Arkansas Attorney General Dustin McDaniel is asking the state's highest court to uphold a $1.2 billion fine leveled against Johnson and Johnson and a subsidiary over the marketing of an antipsychotic drug.
McDaniel on Tuesday filed a brief with the state Supreme Court asking justices to uphold the ruling over the drug Risperdal.
The drug makers have appealed the ruling.
A Pulaski County jury last year ruled the companies downplayed and hid risks associated with the drug.
Attorneys general from 35 states asked to file briefs defending the fine, as did 65 legislators.