Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Wed May 8, 2013
Arkansas Agency Takes Look At Waste Tire Facilities
Arkansas regulators are considering permits for sites that process and collect waste tires. The state Department of Environmental Quality has scheduled a meeting for 1 p.m. May 16 to discuss drafts of new general permits for the facilities.
The event is open to the public. The ADEQ has invited operators of waste tire collection centers and processing facilities to attend. The agency has also asked consulting engineers, and regional solid waste district representatives to offer their perspectives.
The permits are to be enforced through June 2014. The meeting will be at the ADEQ Headquarters Building at 5301 Northshore Dr., in North Little Rock.