Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Wed May 8, 2013
Arkansas Agency Takes Look At Waste Tire Facilities
Arkansas regulators are considering permits for sites that process and collect waste tires. The state Department of Environmental Quality has scheduled a meeting for 1 p.m. May 16 to discuss drafts of new general permits for the facilities.
The event is open to the public. The ADEQ has invited operators of waste tire collection centers and processing facilities to attend. The agency has also asked consulting engineers, and regional solid waste district representatives to offer their perspectives.
The permits are to be enforced through June 2014. The meeting will be at the ADEQ Headquarters Building at 5301 Northshore Dr., in North Little Rock.