Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri October 18, 2013
Arkansas Black Hall Of Fame To Honor Six Inductees
The Arkansas Black Hall of Fame Foundation is honoring six inductees in its 21st annual ceremony.
The event will be held at the State House Convention Center Saturday with over 900 people are expected to attend.
Inductees included a professional athlete, recording artist, and engineer.
Chairman of the foundation, Charles Stewart says donations and proceeds go to other non profits in Arkansas, "working to improve education, youth development, health and wellness in black and other underserved communities."
He added, "over our history our gifts and grants have impacted over 45 of Arkansas's 79 counties."
To find out more about the event, call 501-708-2552 or visit the Arkansas Black Hall of Fame website.