Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri October 18, 2013
Arkansas Black Hall Of Fame To Honor Six Inductees
The Arkansas Black Hall of Fame Foundation is honoring six inductees in its 21st annual ceremony.
The event will be held at the State House Convention Center Saturday with over 900 people are expected to attend.
Inductees included a professional athlete, recording artist, and engineer.
Chairman of the foundation, Charles Stewart says donations and proceeds go to other non profits in Arkansas, "working to improve education, youth development, health and wellness in black and other underserved communities."
He added, "over our history our gifts and grants have impacted over 45 of Arkansas's 79 counties."
To find out more about the event, call 501-708-2552 or visit the Arkansas Black Hall of Fame website.