Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
Local & Regional News
Wed November 13, 2013
Arkansas Child Rescued After Falling Into A Hole
A 2-year-old boy has been rescued after falling into a hole in the ground in Wynne.
The Cross County Sheriff's Office said in a news release that the child was playing with another child shortly before 1:30 p.m. Wednesday when the boy fell into the narrow hole that was approximately 10 feet deep.
Deputy Josh Orman was later lowered head first by rope into the hole and was able to grasp the child's wrist and pull him to safety when Orman was pulled from the hole by Wynne firefighters.
Medical personnel on the scene examined the child and reported him to be in good condition.
The Wynne Street Department and state police then filled in the hole.