Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Children's Health Care
Tue March 12, 2013
Arkansas Children's Hospital To Accept Aetna Patients
Arkansas Children's Hospital says patients with Aetna health insurance will soon receive in-network care at the hospital and its clinics.
The hospital says it's finalized a contract with Aetna Health Insurance Company so those covered by the insurer can receive in-network rates beginning Friday.
Beth Petlak, the executive director of Children's Healthcare System Physician Hospital Organization, says the arrangement will allow the hospital to reach more families throughout the region. Aetna has more than 60,000 members in Arkansas.
Arkansas Children's Hospital is the state's only pediatric medical center. More than 500 physicians work for ACH, which spans 29 city blocks and offers 370 beds for patients.