Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Fri May 3, 2013
Arkansas Children's Hospital Hires CEO, Bates Retires
Arkansas Children's Hospital is getting a new leader.
The Little Rock hospital announced Friday that Dr. Jonathan Bates is retiring as president and chief executive officer and Marcella "Marcy" L. Doderer will step into the position in July.
Bates' retirement is effective June 30, and Doderer is to start July 15.
The change was announced by the hospital board chairman Tom Baxter.
Doderer is vice president and administrator at Children's Hospital of San Antonio. She is a graduate of Little Rock Central High School.