Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Fri May 3, 2013
Arkansas Children's Hospital Hires CEO, Bates Retires
Arkansas Children's Hospital is getting a new leader.
The Little Rock hospital announced Friday that Dr. Jonathan Bates is retiring as president and chief executive officer and Marcella "Marcy" L. Doderer will step into the position in July.
Bates' retirement is effective June 30, and Doderer is to start July 15.
The change was announced by the hospital board chairman Tom Baxter.
Doderer is vice president and administrator at Children's Hospital of San Antonio. She is a graduate of Little Rock Central High School.