Most Active Stories
- 'Flying Doughnuts': Airbus Files Patent For A New Kind Of Plane
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- Courts Hear Arguments On Arkansas Gay Marriage Case
- In Advance Of Hearings On Same-Sex Marriage, Rally Held At Capitol
- Report Shows Dire Need For More Pre-K Funding In Arkansas
Fri May 3, 2013
Arkansas Children's Hospital Hires CEO, Bates Retires
Arkansas Children's Hospital is getting a new leader.
The Little Rock hospital announced Friday that Dr. Jonathan Bates is retiring as president and chief executive officer and Marcella "Marcy" L. Doderer will step into the position in July.
Bates' retirement is effective June 30, and Doderer is to start July 15.
The change was announced by the hospital board chairman Tom Baxter.
Doderer is vice president and administrator at Children's Hospital of San Antonio. She is a graduate of Little Rock Central High School.