Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Supreme Court Clears Way For Alcohol Ballot Measure
- Poll On Arkansas Ballot Issues Shows Mixed Results
- National Analysts Weigh In On Arkansas Governor And Senate Races
- Event Celebrates Life Of Poet & Author Maya Angelou In SW Arkansas
- Federal Judge Sets Hearing On Arkansas Same-Sex Marriage Case
Local & Regional News
Tue July 2, 2013
Arkansas Correction Official Quits; Replacement Named
After naming a new director for one of its agencies, the Arkansas Board of Corrections has had to make a correction.
Sheila Sharp takes over the Department of Community Correction on an interim basis July 8.
When the board approved her appointment Monday, it inadvertently left the word "interim" off of a resolution. The board will meet by telephone in the coming days to consider a corrected motion.
Sharp will replace David Eberhard, who retired abruptly Monday. The agency has been under fire since it was disclosed that a Little Rock parolee remained free despite felony charges being filed against him after his 2008 release from prison.
The parolee was charged in May in the death of a Fayetteville man. Sharp has been a deputy director in the Correction Department.