Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Tue July 2, 2013
Arkansas Correction Official Quits; Replacement Named
After naming a new director for one of its agencies, the Arkansas Board of Corrections has had to make a correction.
Sheila Sharp takes over the Department of Community Correction on an interim basis July 8.
When the board approved her appointment Monday, it inadvertently left the word "interim" off of a resolution. The board will meet by telephone in the coming days to consider a corrected motion.
Sharp will replace David Eberhard, who retired abruptly Monday. The agency has been under fire since it was disclosed that a Little Rock parolee remained free despite felony charges being filed against him after his 2008 release from prison.
The parolee was charged in May in the death of a Fayetteville man. Sharp has been a deputy director in the Correction Department.