Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Senate Race 2014
Mon August 5, 2013
Arkansas Democrats Launch Site Against Senate Challenger
Arkansas Democrats are welcoming Tom Cotton to the Senate race with a website blasting the freshman Republican lawmaker as "reckless."
The Democratic Party of Arkansas on Monday launched a new site - www.meettomcotton.com - that targets the Republican congressman. Cotton is expected to announce Tuesday that he's running against Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor next year.
The site criticizes Cotton's votes on issues such as the farm bill, student loans and Hurricane Sandy relief. Cotton is a former management consultant who served in the Army in Iraq and Afghanistan. He was elected in November to represent Arkansas' 4th District.
Pryor, who was first elected in 2002, is widely viewed by Republicans as the most vulnerable Senate incumbent on the ballot next year.
Local & Regional News