Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Senate Race 2014
Mon August 5, 2013
Arkansas Democrats Launch Site Against Senate Challenger
Arkansas Democrats are welcoming Tom Cotton to the Senate race with a website blasting the freshman Republican lawmaker as "reckless."
The Democratic Party of Arkansas on Monday launched a new site - www.meettomcotton.com - that targets the Republican congressman. Cotton is expected to announce Tuesday that he's running against Democratic U.S. Sen. Mark Pryor next year.
The site criticizes Cotton's votes on issues such as the farm bill, student loans and Hurricane Sandy relief. Cotton is a former management consultant who served in the Army in Iraq and Afghanistan. He was elected in November to represent Arkansas' 4th District.
Pryor, who was first elected in 2002, is widely viewed by Republicans as the most vulnerable Senate incumbent on the ballot next year.
Local & Regional News