Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Thu October 22, 2009
Arkansas family wrongly told loved one died in Iraq
Since the start of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan almost 70 Arkansas soldiers and marines have died, according to an online database by The Washington Post that tracks the number of U.S. service members who died in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
Many families are emotionally devastated by the loss of a loved one in battle, so imagine being told your family member is dead only to later learn that it's not true. The Hill family in Benton, Arkansas experienced the painful impact of this serious miscommunication. FM 89's Malcolm Glover has a fascinating story about life after a reported death.
Local & Regional News