Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Thu October 22, 2009
Arkansas family wrongly told loved one died in Iraq
Since the start of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan almost 70 Arkansas soldiers and marines have died, according to an online database by The Washington Post that tracks the number of U.S. service members who died in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom.
Many families are emotionally devastated by the loss of a loved one in battle, so imagine being told your family member is dead only to later learn that it's not true. The Hill family in Benton, Arkansas experienced the painful impact of this serious miscommunication. FM 89's Malcolm Glover has a fascinating story about life after a reported death.
Local & Regional News