Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Wed May 29, 2013
Arkansas Fire Boat Training Set For DeGray Lake
More than 350 people and about 40 watercraft are to take part in a fire boat training exercise set for DeGray Lake.
Departments from Arkansas and Texas are signed up for the Saturday event. The Arkansas Forestry Commission organizes the sessions with other agencies to put fire crews through different emergency scenarios, including evacuating victims by air and water.
The training is designed to challenge boat crews with situations based on actual emergencies. One scenario is based on what crews had to handle during Hurricane Katrina.