Most Active Stories
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Former KLRE Manager Madison Hodges Dies
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Wed August 14, 2013
Arkansas Flags To Fly At Half-Staff For Late Soldier
Flags at the Arkansas Capitol are being flown at half-staff to mark the death of a soldier from Little Rock who was killed in Afghanistan.
The Defense Department announced Wednesday that Sgt. Jamar Hicks died at Forward Operating Base Salerno during a Sunday attack.
Soldiers from Idaho and Texas were also killed in the attack.
Gov. Mike Beebe's office says Arkansas flags may be flown at half-staff at any Arkansas public building for up to three days after notification of a fallen service member.