Most Active Stories
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Wed August 14, 2013
Arkansas Flags To Fly At Half-Staff For Late Soldier
Flags at the Arkansas Capitol are being flown at half-staff to mark the death of a soldier from Little Rock who was killed in Afghanistan.
The Defense Department announced Wednesday that Sgt. Jamar Hicks died at Forward Operating Base Salerno during a Sunday attack.
Soldiers from Idaho and Texas were also killed in the attack.
Gov. Mike Beebe's office says Arkansas flags may be flown at half-staff at any Arkansas public building for up to three days after notification of a fallen service member.