Most Active Stories
- Rosanne Cash Reflects As Opening Of Johnny Cash Boyhood Home Nears
- National Weather Service Issues Winter Storm Warning for Arkansas
- Data: Arkansans Curse Minimally and Say “Please” and “Thank You”
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Wed August 14, 2013
Arkansas Flags To Fly At Half-Staff For Late Soldier
Flags at the Arkansas Capitol are being flown at half-staff to mark the death of a soldier from Little Rock who was killed in Afghanistan.
The Defense Department announced Wednesday that Sgt. Jamar Hicks died at Forward Operating Base Salerno during a Sunday attack.
Soldiers from Idaho and Texas were also killed in the attack.
Gov. Mike Beebe's office says Arkansas flags may be flown at half-staff at any Arkansas public building for up to three days after notification of a fallen service member.