Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Tue January 21, 2014
Arkansas Foresty Commission Issues Burn Ban Alerts
The Arkansas Forestry Commission has issued burn bans for 19 counties, and the entire state is at moderate risk of wildfires.
Pulaski, Faulkner, Garland, and Van Buren are among those under the ban, after more than 500 acres burned in Arkansas over the holiday weekend
"Even if folks are not under burn bans, it is a really bad time to be burning because of the low humidity and high wind," says Adriane Barnes, with the Forestry Commission."
She says the dead trees and plants leftover from the winter storms are fuel to potential fires.
- Call the 24 Hour Dispatch Center at 1.800.468.8834 to ask questions or report fire danger.
- Visit www.arkfireinfo.org for up to date information on burn bans in the state.