Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Local & Regional News
Mon April 22, 2013
Arkansas GOP Newsletter Editor Apologizes For Content
The editor of the Benton County Republican Committee is apologizing for approving an article by her husband that mentioned the threat of shooting legislators who voted for the "private option" insurance expansion.
Leigh Nogy said Monday that her husband, Chris Nogy, didn't literally suggest murdering elected officials.
And she says she didn't perceive that his writing would bring such strong criticism from within and outside the Arkansas Republican Party.
Leigh Nogy says one of the points in the article is that shooting legislators is improper. But Nogy says the article should not have run and that she will no longer edit the newsletter.
Chris Nogy wrote that legislators should realize they could be shot if they step out of line or at least be targeted politically.