Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Mon April 22, 2013
Arkansas GOP Newsletter Editor Apologizes For Content
The editor of the Benton County Republican Committee is apologizing for approving an article by her husband that mentioned the threat of shooting legislators who voted for the "private option" insurance expansion.
Leigh Nogy said Monday that her husband, Chris Nogy, didn't literally suggest murdering elected officials.
And she says she didn't perceive that his writing would bring such strong criticism from within and outside the Arkansas Republican Party.
Leigh Nogy says one of the points in the article is that shooting legislators is improper. But Nogy says the article should not have run and that she will no longer edit the newsletter.
Chris Nogy wrote that legislators should realize they could be shot if they step out of line or at least be targeted politically.