Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Wed December 11, 2013
Arkansas Governor Beebe Announces Intent To Pardon 7
Gov. Mike Beebe has announced his intent to grant seven pardons.
Beebe's office said Tuesday that each of the seven have completed all jail time, fulfilled all parole-and-probationary requirements and paid all fines related to their sentences.
The seven are Sarah Frazier of Floral; Orvil Germany of Hector; Walter Henschel of Maumelle; Shawn Lawrence of Russellville; Donnie Maier of De Witt; Terrill White of Alexander; and Patricia Williams of Searcy. Frazer; Henschel; and White were convicted of drug-related crimes. Williams of theft, forgery and hot check violations; Germany of forgery; and Lawrence and Maier of theft.
There is a 30-day waiting period to receive public comment on the pardons before final action is taken.