Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Old State House To Screen "White Lightning" - 1973 Movie Shot In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Wed December 11, 2013
Arkansas Governor Beebe Announces Intent To Pardon 7
Gov. Mike Beebe has announced his intent to grant seven pardons.
Beebe's office said Tuesday that each of the seven have completed all jail time, fulfilled all parole-and-probationary requirements and paid all fines related to their sentences.
The seven are Sarah Frazier of Floral; Orvil Germany of Hector; Walter Henschel of Maumelle; Shawn Lawrence of Russellville; Donnie Maier of De Witt; Terrill White of Alexander; and Patricia Williams of Searcy. Frazer; Henschel; and White were convicted of drug-related crimes. Williams of theft, forgery and hot check violations; Germany of forgery; and Lawrence and Maier of theft.
There is a 30-day waiting period to receive public comment on the pardons before final action is taken.