Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- 'Flying Doughnuts': Airbus Files Patent For A New Kind Of Plane
- Courts Hear Arguments On Arkansas Gay Marriage Case
- In Advance Of Hearings On Same-Sex Marriage, Rally Held At Capitol
- Report Shows Dire Need For More Pre-K Funding In Arkansas
Local & Regional News
Mon June 16, 2014
Arkansas Governor Fundraising Numbers
Former Congressman Mike Ross is reporting having $1.6 million in the bank after winning the Democratic Party's nomination for Arkansas governor last month. Ross on Monday filed a fundraising report with the secretary of state's office that showed he raised nearly $194,000 between May 11 and May 31. The deadline to file final fundraising reports for the May 20 primary is June 30.
Ross and Republican nominee Asa Hutchinson, also a former congressman, easily won their parties' respective nominations in the primary against lesser-known, underfunded rivals. A fundraising report for Hutchinson had not been filed Monday.
Ross reported spending more than $558,000 last month, with most of it going toward television advertising. Democratic Gov. Mike Beebe is barred by term limits from seeking re-election this fall.