Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- New Little Rock Police Chief Aims To Restore Trust In Law Enforcement
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- Christie and Romney Visiting Arkansas: How Much Of It Is For Hutchinson?
Local & Regional News
Mon June 16, 2014
Arkansas Governor Fundraising Numbers
Former Congressman Mike Ross is reporting having $1.6 million in the bank after winning the Democratic Party's nomination for Arkansas governor last month. Ross on Monday filed a fundraising report with the secretary of state's office that showed he raised nearly $194,000 between May 11 and May 31. The deadline to file final fundraising reports for the May 20 primary is June 30.
Ross and Republican nominee Asa Hutchinson, also a former congressman, easily won their parties' respective nominations in the primary against lesser-known, underfunded rivals. A fundraising report for Hutchinson had not been filed Monday.
Ross reported spending more than $558,000 last month, with most of it going toward television advertising. Democratic Gov. Mike Beebe is barred by term limits from seeking re-election this fall.