Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Mon March 17, 2014
Arkansas Governor Names Chief Of Staff To UA Board
Gov. Mike Beebe has named his chief of staff and close friend Morril Harriman to the University of Arkansas Board of Trustees.
Beebe's office on Monday announced that Harriman would replace Sam Hilburn on the UA panel, an appointment that expires in March 2024.
Beebe's spokesman said Harriman will continue to serve as Beebe's chief of staff. Harriman, 63, has served as Beebe's chief since the governor took office in 2007.
Beebe called Harriman, with whom he served in the state Senate, his "best friend and most trusted ally" during his political career.
Harriman served 16 years in the Senate and is a former president of the Poultry Federation. He earned his bachelor and law degrees from the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville.