Gov. Asa Hutchinson Wednesday announced members of his working group on highway funding.
He announced at last week’s Arkansas Trucking Association convention that he would make his appointments within a week.
The group’s purpose is to involve the public in determining highway financing options. According to an executive order issued by Hutchinson, the working group will make recommendations by Dec. 15.
The members include:
- Duncan Baird, Budget Director for Governor Hutchinson, Chairman
- Scott Bennett, Director of the State Highway and Transportation Department
- Alec Farmer, State Highway Commissioner Appointee
- Rep. Dan Douglas, House Public Transportation Committee Appointee
- Sen. Bill Sample, Senate Transportation, Technology & Legislative Affairs Committee Appointee
- Rep. Andy Davis, Joint Budget Committee Appointee
- Cleburne County Judge Jerry Holmes, Countywide Elected Official Appointee
- Jonesboro Mayor Harold Perrin, Municipal Elected Official
- Randy Zook, Arkansas State Chamber of Commerce Appointee
- Philip Taldo, Arkansas Economic Development Commission Appointee
- Brett Powell, Department of Higher Education Appointee
- Larry Walther or his designee, Department of Finance & Administration Appointee
- Guy Washburn, Arkansas Asphalt Pavement Association, At-large Appointee
- Shannon Newton, Arkansas Trucking Association, At-large Appointee
- Scott McGeorge, President of Pine Bluff Sand & Gravel, At-large Appointee
- Craig Douglass, Arkansas Good Roads and Transportation Council, At-large Appointee
- Jackson Williams, Attorney at Williams & Anderson PLC, At-large Appointee
- Frank Scott Jr., State Highway Commissioner, At-large Appointee
- Dr. Robin Bowen, President of Arkansas Tech University, At-large Appointee
- Rep. Prissy Hickerson, At-large Appointee