Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
USDA Health Care Grants
Wed April 3, 2013
Arkansas Groups May Benefit From USDA Health Care Grants
The U.S. Department of Agriculture is taking applications for $3 million worth of health care projects for communities of up to 50,000 people in Arkansas and seven other states in the Delta region.
Undersecretary for Rural Development Dallas Tonsager says the Delta Health Care Services Grant Program covers 252 counties and parishes. The best proposals will get grants of $50,000 and up.
The money can be used for health care cooperatives, services, education and job training. Applications are due May 28.
Information is available on page 18308 of the March 26, 2013 edition of the Federal Register or at http://1.usa.gov/YZQ06Q . Contact the USDA Rural Development Business and Cooperatives Department at (318) 473-7960 for more information.