Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
Local & Regional News
Thu January 9, 2014
Arkansas Highway Department Busy with Winter Road Conditions
Rainfall and near freezing conditions made Arkansas roadways hazardous as ice remained in parts of the state Thursday. Public Information Officer Randy Ort, with the Highway and Transportation Department, said road crews have been kept busy.
“No extra crews, but they are working extra hours. As long as there’s a threat for ice or precipitation on the roadways we’re going to be out. We haven’t had to bring anybody extra in but they are working around the clock, 12 hours on 12 hours off, throughout the duration,” said Ort.
The Highway Department expects conditions to return to normal over the next few days if temperatures continue to rise above freezing as predicted by the National Weather Service.