Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
Study To Expand Arkansas 10
Fri April 19, 2013
Arkansas Highway Experts Continue With Plans To Widen Cantrell Road
Officials with the Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department are still drafting plans to widen Cantrell Road in Little Rock.
Department spokesman Danny Straessle says recent findings from an improvement study of an 8-mile section of the road shows expansion is necessary to alleviate traffic congestion.
“We completed parts of a corridor study of Arkansas Highway 10 from Ferndale Cutoff Road eastward to Pleasant Valley Drive, which includes the intersection of Highway 10, or Cantrell Road as it’s known locally, with Interstate 430,” said Straessle. “The study also includes the intersection with Rodney Parham, which happens to be one of the busiest corridors we have in the state.”
Straessle says the study is one step in the early stages of what could be a long project. He says officials will complete the study and incorporate public comments in their final recommendations for what’s expected to be a $64.4 million road redesign project. Click here for more information on the project.