Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
Local & Regional News
Thu July 18, 2013
Arkansas Highway Officials To Talk About Tax Projects
State highway officials are updating lawmakers on the road projects that will be funded with a half-cent sales tax that took effect this month.
Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department Director Scott Bennett is scheduled to appear Thursday before a legislative committee to talk about the new road projects.
Voters last year approved the tax, which will raise about $1.8 billion during the next decade for the state's highway needs.
The half-cent tax increase is set to expire by 2023. State highway officials have said they hope to begin working on the projects by the end of the year.