Most Active Stories
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Director Of UAMS Myeloma Institute Stepping Down
- Clinton School Building Becomes Oldest In Arkansas To Receive Certification
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Thu July 18, 2013
Arkansas Highway Officials To Talk About Tax Projects
State highway officials are updating lawmakers on the road projects that will be funded with a half-cent sales tax that took effect this month.
Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department Director Scott Bennett is scheduled to appear Thursday before a legislative committee to talk about the new road projects.
Voters last year approved the tax, which will raise about $1.8 billion during the next decade for the state's highway needs.
The half-cent tax increase is set to expire by 2023. State highway officials have said they hope to begin working on the projects by the end of the year.