Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Thu July 18, 2013
Arkansas Highway Officials To Talk About Tax Projects
State highway officials are updating lawmakers on the road projects that will be funded with a half-cent sales tax that took effect this month.
Arkansas Highway and Transportation Department Director Scott Bennett is scheduled to appear Thursday before a legislative committee to talk about the new road projects.
Voters last year approved the tax, which will raise about $1.8 billion during the next decade for the state's highway needs.
The half-cent tax increase is set to expire by 2023. State highway officials have said they hope to begin working on the projects by the end of the year.