Most Active Stories
- Old State House To Screen "A Face in the Crowd" - 1957 Movie Shot in Piggott, Ark.
- Broker Details $2 Million In Commissions In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Defense To Begin Presenting Its Side In Martha Shoffner Trial
- Testimony Begins In Trial Of Former Treasurer Martha Shoffner
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Fri February 7, 2014
Arkansas House Speaker: No Vote On Lifting Fundraising Rule
Arkansas House Speaker Davy Carter says a proposal to suspend a ban on fundraising during this year's legislative session will not go before representatives next week.
Carter on Friday said he didn't plan on convening the House for a caucus to consider allowing members to raise campaign money during the fiscal session. The House Rules Committee on Thursday recommended suspending the ban.
The House and Senate are set to convene Monday for a session focused primarily on the state's budget.
Carter said he didn't believe there was support to consider suspending the fundraising rule.
The Senate does not bar its members from raising money during the fiscal session.