Most Active Stories
- Plan To Make 6 States Out Of California May Head To Ballot
- Protesters Dispute Possible Immigration Reform Outside Mexican Consulate
- Wal-Mart CEO Of Domestic Operations To Resign Next Month
- Sandy Hook And Shooting Simulators Factor In School Safety Conference
- UPDATE: LR Air Force Base Reopens After Scare Prompts Lockdown
Local & Regional News
Thu September 19, 2013
Arkansas Insurance Exchange Rates Coming Next Week
Arkansas Insurance officials say they're releasing information next week about the rates on plans offered on the marketplace set up under the federal health care law.
State Insurance Commissioner Jay Bradford on Thursday told a legislative panel he expected to be able to release the information about the plans on Monday, a little over a week before open enrollment for the health insurance exchange begins on Oct. 1.
The chairman of the House Public Health Committee warned Bradford that he'll face difficulty in winning legislative approval for more spending on marketing and outreach on the exchange with the rates still unknown.
State officials expect about 500,000 people to use the insurance exchange.