Most Active Stories
- Governor-Elect Asa Hutchinson Sets Up Website For Transition
- State Supreme Court Deliberates On Same-Sex Marriage
- Election: Fayetteville's LGBT Anti-Discrimination Measure An Arkansas Rarity
- Effort To Curtail Use Of Antipsychotic Drugs In Nursing Homes
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Local & Regional News
Thu September 19, 2013
Arkansas Insurance Exchange Rates Coming Next Week
Arkansas Insurance officials say they're releasing information next week about the rates on plans offered on the marketplace set up under the federal health care law.
State Insurance Commissioner Jay Bradford on Thursday told a legislative panel he expected to be able to release the information about the plans on Monday, a little over a week before open enrollment for the health insurance exchange begins on Oct. 1.
The chairman of the House Public Health Committee warned Bradford that he'll face difficulty in winning legislative approval for more spending on marketing and outreach on the exchange with the rates still unknown.
State officials expect about 500,000 people to use the insurance exchange.