Most Active Stories
- Rally To Be Held At Arkansas Capitol Challenging Incarceration Policies
- Arkansas Herpetologist, University of Tulsa Researcher Find New Species
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
- Court Ruling In Flash Floods That Killed 20 At SW Arkansas Campground
- Historic Building In Downtown Little Rock To Become Hotel
Local & Regional News
Fri April 19, 2013
Arkansas Lawmaker Criticized For Boston Manhunt Tweet
An Arkansas lawmaker is apologizing for the timing - but not the content - of a tweet he sent questioning whether "Boston liberals" wished they had an assault weapon to protect themselves while police searched for a Boston Marathon bombing suspect.
Republican Rep. Nate Bell on Friday morning posted on Twitter: "I wonder how many Boston liberals spent the night cowering in their homes wishing they had an AR-15 with a hi-capacity magazine?" Bell's comments rapidly spread online, as police hunted for a suspect in Monday's Boston Marathon bombing that killed three.
Bell said he regretted the timing of the tweet.
Republican House Speaker Davy Carter apologized for Bell's remark, calling it insensitive. The top Democrat in the House called the tweet "tasteless."