Most Active Stories
- Arkansas Weather-Related Closings And Delays For Wednesday
- Allegations Surface That Arkansas Judge Made Objectionable Posts on Message Board
- Third And Likely Final Round Of Layoffs Begins At Acxiom
- Latest Information On Arkansas Road Conditions
- Is Open Carry Legal in Arkansas? Depends On Who You Ask.
Affordable Care Act
Fri December 20, 2013
Arkansas Lawmakers Approve Insurance Exchange Funds
Arkansas lawmakers have narrowly approved federal funding to continue operating the insurance marketplace under the federal health care law, despite objections from some Republican legislators over the overhaul's rocky start.
The Arkansas Legislative Council on Friday approved the $10.6 million grant for the insurance exchange. The insurance exchange is an online marketplace set up under the federal law where consumers can shop for policies. The panel approved the grant on a 21-18 vote.
The grant was approved after some GOP members of the committee vented frustration with the start of the exchange, including Internet glitches that prevented many from signing up for coverage when it launched in October.
Arkansas is operating its exchange in partnership with the federal government.